Assignment: Alcohol Abuse
- Mr. Wilko states he is a social drinker and “can stop at any time.” How accurate is his self-assessment?
- What stressors are present in Mr. Wilko’s case?
- Why does Mr. Wilko continue to increase his alcohol intake? Assignment: Alcohol Abuse
- What changes in liver function can Mr. Wilko expect if he continues to drink large amounts of alcohol?
- Mr. Wilko complains to his wife that all the stress is causing “indigestion.” How do stress and alcohol consumption affect GI function?
- Why is Mr. Wilko at greater risk of trauma? Assignment: Alcohol Abuse
Question # 2
A 50-year-old man has been suffering from substernal pain for the last 5 months, particularly on waking up in the morning. He lost his job a year ago and was suffering from depression. He consumes about 12–16 cans of beer every day. He has lost his appetite too and says that eating aggravates pain.
- Is this acute or chronic gastritis?
- What factors may lead to the development of gastritis?
- What investigation should be performed?
- How can the patient be treated?
Present your work in a two- to three-page Word document.
Submit a two- to three-page Word document with your diagnoses.