Assignment: Behaviorism and Social Theories
Assignment: Behaviorism and Social Learning Theories
- “Behaviorism and Essential Concepts for Pediatric Behavioral Sleep Medicine”
- “When a Clear Strong Voice Was Needed: A Retrospective Review of Watson’s (1924/1930) Behaviorism”
- “A Preliminary Application of Social Cognitive Theory to Nonsuicidal Self-Injury”
- “Teaching Stimulus Control Via Class-Wide Multiple Schedules of Reinforcement in Public Elementary School Classrooms”
- “Supporting Students with Autism Spectrum Disorder: Implementing Applied Behavior Analysis Strategies Within the Classroom Setting”
In your initial post, include the following:
- Briefly summarize the foundational approaches of behaviorism and social learning theories and the early theorists associated with them.
- Describe how those two theories might be utilized in practice in the career path that interests you.
- Evaluate any issues and cultural considerations associated with your assigned theorist.
- Analyze and describe how the APA’s Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct might affect the implementation of your theorist’s personality assessments.
- Assess the types of personality measurements and research designs associated with your assigned theorist, and describe how they have evolved.
Your initial post should be a minimum of 500 words.
Guided Response: Review several of your colleagues’ posts and respond substantively to at least three of your peers by 11:59 p.m. on Day 7 of the week. You are encouraged to post your required replies early each week to stimulate more meaningful and interactive discourse in your discussions. Continue to monitor the discussion forum until 11:59 p.m. Mountain Standard Time (MST) on Day 7 of the week and respond to anyone who replies to your initial post. Peer responses may vary in length but should be detailed and thought provoking. Your grade will reflect both the quality of your initial post and the depth of your responses.
In your responses, offer a substantive discussion to your peer’s initial post. Pose questions that could encourage the application of this area of the discussion. Look for peers whose posts have not yet been responded to and reply to these so that everyone has a chance to reflect and develop their knowledge more fully.