Assignment: Biological Theory Of Addiction
Choose one psychological theory of addiction and one biological theory of addiction. Write a 500-750 word paper in which you compare and contrast the selected biological and psychological theories of addiction. Your paper must include the following:
A summary of each theory of addiction. An explanation of how research supports and refutes each selected theory. A description of how both types of theory influence current best practices. A discussion of whether or not you would use the theories in your future practice and why.
Include at least one scholarly reference that supports each theory
· 07:10CARLOS ZALAQUETT How does the, the, the, the Seriashia on the right hand, you know, reacts to that? How does she feels, and what would you like to say to respond to that?
· 07:20SERIASHIA CHATTERS I’m tired of you bullying me, and I’m tired. I’m just tired of always having to ask everyone to do things for me. And there’s so many things I can’t do for myself and I wish that you would just leave me alone.
· 07:35CARLOS ZALAQUETT How does the other one react to that? And what would you like to say in reply?
· 07:40SERIASHIA CHATTERS I can’t leave you alone because if I leave you alone, you would be left to do nothing. And you have a lot of support around you and yes, you can’t do a lot of things yourself, but you’re lucky enough to have other people to do them for you. And you need to get up because there is no time for this.
· 08:05CARLOS ZALAQUETT How does the other Seriashia respond to that?
· SERIASHIA CHATTERS Every once in a while, I would like to feel sorry for myself. And I would like some time to sit back, and to be who I am, and I don’t need you bullying me.
· 08:15Notice the counselor’s frequent use of encouragers.
· 08:20CARLOS ZALAQUETT Mm-hmm. Allow the dialog to continue. What would the other Seriashia respond to that?
· 08:30SERIASHIA CHATTERS That, I understand that you need that time, but the thing about it is that, while you have people around, while you have the ability to get to and from where you need to go, you need to take advantage of it, and you need to stop the wallowing.
· 08:45CARLOS ZALAQUETT Uh-huh.