Sometimes clients come into the counseling session with an immediate crisis. They need an immediate solution to a problem. Counseling in these situations needs to be focused and goal oriented.
- She has to arrange childcare for her daughter so she can stay with her son in the hospital.
- He will need some special care when he gets home because he will be in a wheelchair.
- She is fearful that she will lose her job as a teacher’s aide in the local public school.
Write a 500-750-word paper addressing the following:
- How would you prioritize Jamila’s concerns in the counseling session? What would you address first?
- What steps would you take in this session to make sure that Jamila has the resources she needs right now?
- How would you help Jamila develop a plan to manage the current crisis?
Include at least three scholarly references in your paper.