Create an 8- to 10-slide PPT presentation discussing your cultural background (in addition, you should include a title slide and reference slide in your presentation). When discussing your culture, consider components of yourself such as race, ethnicity, religion, spiritual heritage, gender, sexual orientation, disabilities, socio-economic status, traditions, and family heritage. You are not required to include any information you do not feel comfortable sharing.
Include the following in your presentation:
- Communication styles of your culture (verbal and nonverbal)
- Parts of your culture you are proud of
- Parts of your culture that you would like to improve
- Stereotypes toward your culture
- Stereotypes held within your culture
- How your culture perceives substance use. Are there any traditional uses of substances that are deemed culturally acceptable?
- How your culture perceives counseling
- How your cultural background will influence your ability to counsel someone from your culture and someone from another culture
- Speaker notes that indicate what would be said if giving the presentation live
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are not required to submit this assignment to Turnitin.