Assignment: Human Services Professionals
Human services professionals working with diverse populations often face challenges because of the clients’ various values and beliefs. Long-established beliefs (and sometimes fears) may influence clients’ access to services and resources, interfering with your ability to practice as a professional. For this Assignment, select a key issue related to working with a diverse population of clients in a specific region or area. Consider key barriers to providing services for this population and how you might overcome these barriers.
To complete this Assignment:
Write a 3- to 4- page paper that addresses the following:
- Describe the issue and region or area you selected. Include the population of clients, and be sure to use official resources when obtaining this demographic information.
- Explain challenges for human services professionals practicing in the region or area you selected. Include key barriers to providing services (e.g., language, accessibility, social stigma).
- Explain a strategy or process to assist with reducing prejudice, stereotyping, or bias in accessing services related to the issue you selected. Include how you, as the human services professional, might implement this strategy or process in the region or area you selected.
- Children and Families. Young children do not yet have the capacity to meet their fundamental needs. …
- People Battling Addiction. …
- Veterans. …
- Homeless People. …
The primary purpose of the human services professional is to assist individual and communities to function as effectively as possible in the major domains of living. … Individuals who show patience, understanding, and caring in their dealings with others are highly valued by employers.