Assignment: Pearson Correlation Report
For this assignment, you will read a brief scenario, analyze two data sets, and conduct a Pearson correlation in Microsoft Excel. You will justify the results in a 10- to 12-page report following the directions below.
Company ABC has hired you to conduct an employee satisfaction survey. You have conducted the survey and received the satisfaction scores of twenty participants. Company ABC is asking that you work with human resources (HR) by obtaining a report on the number of sick days for the twenty employees who completed your employee satisfaction survey. You are to take both sets of data and conduct a Pearson correlation to determine whether there is a relationship between employee satisfaction and the number of sick days taken. Assume the survey and the sick days are being measured over a one-year time frame.
Click to view the data.
Using the data sets provided, conduct a Pearson correlation (in Microsoft Excel). In a 10- to 12-page report to company ABC, which includes the Microsoft Excel data results sheet, address the following:
- Include an executive summary explaining your findings.
- Summarize for the client what a Pearson correlation is and why it was chosen for this analysis. Discuss the validity and reliability of a Pearson correlation.
- Explain the type of correlation you discovered, if any. State the specific correlation coefficient and be specific as to whether it was positive or negative. Also, indicate whether the results were significantly positive or negative.
- Describe the results from your statistical analysis, indicating the relationship between employee satisfaction and sick days taken in a year.
- Determine what other variables may have impacted this relationship and the scores of the employee satisfaction survey.
- Justify what research, if any, supports your findings on satisfaction and sick days.
- Include a copy of your Pearson correlation computations in Microsoft Excel.
Your final product will be in a Microsoft Word document of approximately 10 to 12 pages. Utilize four to five scholarly sources in your research. Your document should be written in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.