Assignment: Psychoanalytic Theory
Read the “Case Study Analysis.”
Write a 750-1,000-word analysis of the case study using a psychoanalytic theory approach. Include the following in your analysis.
- What will be the goals of counseling and what intervention strategies are used to accomplish those goals?
- Is your theory designed for short- or long-term counseling?
- What will be the counselor’s role with this client?
- What is the client’s role in counseling?
- For what population(s) is this theory most appropriate? How does this theory address the social and cultural needs of the client?
- What additional information might be helpful to know about this case?
- What may be a risk in using this approach
- Ps. I have attached a copy of an example of the case study and example of how the paper should look as well
Besides the course textbook, include at least three scholarly references in your paper.
Each response to the assignment prompts should be addressed under a separate heading in your paper. Refer to “APA Headings and Seriation,” located on the Purdue Owl website for help in formatting the headings.
Sigmund Freud gave the theory of psychoanalysis in the late nineteenth century. He formulated the theory of human mind based on the discovery of unconscious. He stated that the behaviour and the personality of a human being depend upon his interaction with the psychological factors.
Psychoanalytic theory is based on a small number of key ideas, including psychic determinism, the mind’s three-part internal structure (id, ego, and superego), psychic conflict, and mental energy.