Assignment: Testing And Assessment
Directions: Provide short answers of 150-200 words each for the following questions/statements. Do not exceed 250 words for your response. Use the textbook and any other scholarly resources to support your responses. Include at least three to four scholarly journal articles beyond the textbook and course readings.
1. What does the term reliability mean in testing and assessment?
2. What does the term validity mean in testing and assessment?
3. Why is it important to have both validity and reliability?
4. In testing and assessment, what is norming?
5. Utilize your textbook to briefly explain each of the following concepts as they relate to psychological assessments/tests:
a. Standardized testing:
b. Non-standardized testing:
c. Norm-referenced assessments:
d. Criterion-referenced assessments:
e. Group assessments:
f. Individual assessments:
g. Scales of measurement:
h. Measures of central tendency:
i. Indices of variability:
j. Shapes and types of distribution:
A test or examination (informally, exam or evaluation) is an assessment intended to measure a test-taker’s knowledge, skill, aptitude, physical fitness, or classification in many other topics (e.g., beliefs). … test administered by a psychologist in a clinic. Formal testing often results in a grade or a test score.
Test and assessment are used interchangeably, but they do mean something different. A test is a “product” that measures a particular behavior or set of objectives. Meanwhile assessment is seen as a procedure instead of a product. Assessment is used during and after the instruction has taken place.
- Practice. You may have heard people say there is no way to prepare for an assessment, but that is not true. …
- Be well rested. …
- Trust yourself. …
- Be present but not overwhelming. …
- Do not underestimate it.