Assignment: Training Method
There are several instructional methods and activities that can be used to deliver training. As a trainer, you should have a broad awareness of different kinds of instructional methods so that you can recommend and utilize the most appropriate solutions for the specific learning objectives.
List and describe three types of training methods. What type of activity is it? What types of activities precede and follow it? What learning style(s) does this activity accommodate? What adult learning characteristics does this activity incorporate? Discuss the pros and cons of each method. Lastly, using Bloom’s taxonomy, create a training objective for each instructional method. Be sure to consider the specific skills and knowledge to be learned in the training in order to appropriately apply each instructional method.
Your initial post should be 250 to 300 words. Use this week’s lecture as a foundation for your initial post. In addition to the Blanchard and Thacker (2013) text, use at least one additional scholarly source to support your discussion.
Respond to at least two other posts regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your reply, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from the posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your initial discussion thread and your classmates’ postings?
- Ask each other questions about why the specific training methods were selected.
- How do the types of training methods selected by your classmate apply to other learning style(s)?
- Analyze your classmates’ training objectives. Do the learning objectives describe the key conditions, observable performance/behavior, and set the standard for performance? What modifications would you suggest to ensure that trainees understand the expectations clearly?