Developing A Shared Vision Assignment
Choose two issues or challenges that the leaders of today’s health care organizations face. Select from among the following topics:
- Staff Shortage (Physicians, Nurses, Allied Health Providers, Ancillary Services)
- Reorganization in Response to Merger or Consolidation of Services
- Layoffs as a Result of Declining Revenues
- Influx of Registry, Part-Time, and Temporary Contract Staff
- Poor Performance Outcomes Leading to a Reduction in Medicare Reimbursement Dollars
Poor Job Satisfaction Rates Resulting in Turnover
You are the manager of an ancillary service department at a large, 500+ bed hospital. Develop a proposal (750-1,200 words) that is directed toward your staff, in which you address the following:
- Inform the staff of the two issues (from the topics provided) your organization is facing.
- Describe the impact of these issues on your department.
- Describe how improved communication, collaboration, and teamwork can improve conditions in your department.
- Identify at least two examples from the required or recommended readings of techniques found to foster inclusion and improve communication and collaboration.
Prepare this Developing A Shared Vision Assignment assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide.
This Developing A Shared Vision Assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Only Word documents can be submitted to Turnitin.
Rubric to follow-
Developing a Shared Vision: Developing A Shared Vision Assignment
Less Than Satisfactory 72-75%
10.0 %Selection of Two Issues or Challenges From Among Those Provided in the Assignment Instructions
Identification /Challenges in health care organizations are not identified.
Issues /Challenges identified are not among those listed in the assignment instructions.
Issues /Challenges are identified but description is unclear or incomplete.
One issue/challenge is identified from among those listed in the assignment instructions.
Two issues/challenges are identified from among those listed in the assignment instructions.
70.0 %Compelling Memo Describing the Issues, Their Impact on the Organization, Opportunities for Improvement, and Recommendations
Memo addressed to ancillary staff is not provided or is incomplete.
Discussion of issues, their impact on the organization, and recommendations is unclear or disorganized.
Discussion of issues includes a brief description of organizational impact and recommendations.
Description of issues includes detailed information regarding organizational impact and opportunities for improvement but recommendations are lacking.
Comprehensive and compelling discussion regarding organizational issues, their impact, opportunities for improvement, and recommendations to foster a shared vision is offered.
15.0 %Organization and Effectiveness
5.0 %Thesis Development and Purpose
Paper lacks any discernible overall purpose or organizing claim.
Thesis and/or main claim are insufficiently developed and/or vague; purpose is not clear.
Thesis and/or main claim are apparent and appropriate to purpose.
Thesis and/or main claim are clear and forecast the development of the paper. It is descriptive and reflective of the arguments and appropriate to the purpose.