[SOLVED] 4.7 Assignment: Project – Applied Statistics
I need support with this Excel question so I can learn better.
Table of Contents
The purpose of the Project assignment in each STAT-535 workshop is to provide you with an opportunity to demonstrate your ability to apply the statistical tools you have learned in this course.
- Compute probabilities related to the sample mean and the sample proportion.
- Apply the Central Limit Theorem.
In each workshop, you will be asked to demonstrate some of the knowledge you have gained by applying a few of the statistical tools that you have learned.
- Assume that the 129 patients in the Patients dataset (Excel) represent the entire population of interest. If you were interested in age of the patients and took a sample of 25 patients from this population, what is the standard error of the mean? What if you took a sample 64 patients from this population, what is the standard error of the mean? What happens to the standard error of the mean as the sample size increases? Why does that make logical sense? (15 points)
- If you select a sample of 64 patients, what is the probability that the sample mean is below 75? (15 points)
- When you have completed your assignment, save a copy for yourself and submit a copy to your instructor using the Assignment submission page by the end of the workshop. Showing your work is required, not just providing answers without showing how you arrived at them.