[SOLVED] Apache server lab. Do the following steps and answer all the questions that needs an answer.
Need help with my Software Development question – Im studying for my class.
1.Add the necessary directives to your Apache config file so that you can monitor the server from a browser. What values do you have for Server Version and Server Build?
- 2.Try monitoring your server using the status monitor URL with and without the refresh option.
- 3.Open a second browser window and try retrieving the large_text.txt file that we used in Project I. What values do you see for Req and Conn in the extended status display of the first browser window? What do these values represent?4.Use the SetHandler directive to display server information. What do you see in the Server Module List?
1.How would you define the LogFormat and CustomLog directives to create a custom log format and log the following information in each request?
- 2.The name of the remote host.
- 3. The time it takes to service the request.
- 4.The time that the request was received.
- 5.The number of bytes sent
- 6.Place these directives in your config file and request the file large_text.txt used in Project I. What is recorded in your access log file?
1. What conditional directives would you use to log the host, browser type, and request to an access log file when an HTTP request returns a 404 error?
- 2. Use these conditional directives to create a custom log format and try accessing file ex7_3.html (which doesnt exist) from your browser. What is your custom log format? What do you see in your access log?
- 3. Use the SetEnvIf directive so that the request is not logged if the file name ex7_3 is specified in the URL. What did you use for your ‘SetEnvIf’ directive and ‘CustomLog’ directive? Try again to request file ex7_3.html. Is anything recorded in your access log? Now try using the file name ex7_4.html (which again doesnt exist). Is anything recorded this time?