[SOLVED] Assignment oceanography
Need help with my Biology question – Im studying for my class.
To help you answering these questions read these pages: Invest. Oceanogr.: (Thermohaline) Ch. 7.7-7.10, 7.1-7.3 and (Ocean-Atmosphere) 6.7 and Segarp. 163-165 (Links to an external site.) Segar: (Thermohaline) Ch.8 192-198 (Links to an external site.) and (Ocean-Atmosphere) Ch.7 158-165; Also, To answer some of the Week 10 questions, you must first download and complete the Thermohaline Activity Parts I-IV. (Links to an external site.)
Assignment 10 ESC 130 ONL
- 1- Describe the main cause(s) of thermohaline circulation.
- 2- List the two locations where deep water formation occurs and determine which water masses are formed with the density each water mass from Part IV.
- 3-Explain what a water mass is and how it can be differentiated from other water masses.
- 4- Explain how the El Niño phenomenon received its name.
- 5- Describe the ocean conditions across the Equatorial Pacific during normal (average), El Niño, and La Niña years. For each, indicate the differences in the
- a- Western Pacific Warm Water Pool,
- b-upwelling in the eastern Equatorial Pacific, and
- c-the depth of the thermocline along the Equatorial Pacific.
- 6- Describe the atmospheric conditions across the Equatorial Pacific during normal (average), El Niño, and La Niña years. For each, indicate the differences in the
- a-atmospheric high pressure,
- b-atmospheric low pressure, and
- c-the strength of the trade winds.