[SOLVED] CHOOSE 1 Questions from each Chapter and Answer it Thoroughly (MOSES)
Im working on a Law exercise and need support.
Chapter 7: LeadershipSelect One Discussion Question Below
- Discuss the limitations of leadership in criminal justice organizations. Do the best individuals become criminal justice administrators or managers? If not, why not? In addition, are many of the problems associated with or attributed to criminal justice leadership really leadership problems? Discuss prison overcrowding, for example. Can we expect a prison warden to effectively manage an overcrowded prison?
- Explore the findings of the Ohio State studies and the Michigan studies as they apply to the agencies of criminal justice. Are their findings applicable or not? What about participation in leadership in criminal justice systems? Should criminal justice managers be concerned with the personal aspects of employees lives? Will this concern necessarily translate into effective leadership and productive criminal justice employees? Why or why not?
- Examine transformational leadership. How does it differ from other models of leadership? Explain some of the issues involved in implement transformational leadership into criminal justice organizations.
- Explore why criminal justice organizations may be more willing to invest monies into publicly accessible programs, such as DARE, than to allocate resources for leadership development training.
- Examine the ideas offered by the Leadership Institute of the California Department of Corrections. Would these ideas be effective in most criminal justice organizations, or just a few? Which few? Why is it important to have a vision in a criminal justice organization
Chapter 8: Personnel Evaluation and SupervisionSelect One Discussion Question Below
- Will goal consensus in criminal justice organizations ever be possible? What are the major obstacles and disadvantages to having goal consensus in criminal justice organizations? How is goal consensus undemocratic and inefficient in the criminal justice system?
- This chapter discusses the importance of structure to the delivery of criminal justice services. Can police organizations or prisons, for example, be less formal and more decentralized in their structures? Why or why not? What are goals of police organizations sacrificed, if any, through decentralization? What about decentralization and employee accountability?
- What are some major problems with implementing the ideas of a human service model of employee supervision in criminal justice organizations? How would employees react to such a supervision model?
- Given the nature of criminal justice organizations, is the traditional model of employee supervision the best possible choice? State the advantages and disadvantages. Do the critics of the model overstate their case?
- What type of supervisor do most employees like to work for? A traditional, innovative or supportive supervisor? Do you believe that employee personalities may influence what type of supervisor is favored?