[SOLVED] Compensation and pay-for-performance
Im trying to study for my Management course and I need some help to understand this question.
Pick an industry and consider how you would go about managing compensation and incentive rewards for a typical job in that field. Your paper should, at a minimum, address these questions:
- How would you make sure that your compensation program was strategic rather than a non-strategic version? Whats the difference?
- How might you design a compensation system, including a mix of base pay and variable pay?
- How could you confirm that your compensation system was the right level of competitive within your industry?
- What sort of individual incentives might be appropriate for this job, and why?
- How do you ensure that your incentives arent driving the undesirable behaviors?
Summarize your findings in a 1-2 page paper, and be prepared to discuss your results in class.
Use in-text citations to show where you are applying or discussing content from any outside sources, including websites. End your paper with a References list that gives the full details about the sources. In-text citations and References should be formatted according to APA standards;