[SOLVED] Deploying Intrusion Detection Systems
Im trying to learn for my Computer Science class and Im stuck. Can you help?
Deploying Intrusion Detection Systems
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, please read Chapter 9 in the textbook. Additionally, read Chapter 3: Intrusion Detection, Chapter 4: Network Based IDPS, and Chapter 5: Wireless IDPS, from NIST Guide to Intrusion Detection and Prevention System (IDPS) (Links to an external site.).
Intrusion detection system (IDS) technologies use many different methods to detect and report incidents. The primary type of malware detection methodology is based on signatures. A signature is a pattern derived from a known threat. Anomaly-based detection looks at deviations from normal patterns in the computing environment and generates triggers based on preconfigured acceptance levels. Stateful protocol analysis detection compares traffic patterns against a predetermined profile usually supplied by the vendor. The degree of deviation from the profile is the indicator of unusual activities.
Research at least two industry resources (e.g., National Institute for Standard & Technology [NIST], Institute of Electrical Engineers [IEEE], and Internet Engineering Taskforce [IETF]) on this topic. (Access the MISM Credible Resource Guide (Links to an external site.) for assistance with finding appropriate credible professional resources.) Based on your findings, compare and contrast the different types of malware detection methodologies. Explain how you would deploy and maintain IDS with up-to-date signatures, changes in traffic patterns, and deviations that are common on computing infrastructures.
The Deploying Intrusion Detection Systems paper
- Must be 900-1200 words (three to four double-spaced pages) in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Students name
- Course name and number
- Instructors name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least three professional and/or US government sources in addition to the course text.
- Access the MISM Credible Resource Guide for assistance with finding appropriate credible professional resources. You may also see the Ashford Librarys Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources for additional information.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.