[SOLVED] Distinguish between science and pseudoscience in 300-350 words.
I need an explanation for this Geology question to help me study.
Read: What Is Pseudoscience? from Scientific American – relatively short . Read: 10 Questions To Distinguish Real From Fake Science – relatively short, focus on the main points .Go to YouTube and find one example of pseudoscience as applied to earthquake prediction. Read this one as well. https://medium.com/matter/the-aftershocks-7966d0cd… ( help with part 2)
(1) Describe this example in 4-5 sentences, and why you believe this is pseudoscience, in another 4-5 sentences. ( An example of pseudoscience could be how animals are anticipating or predicting earthquakes as well as other natural disasters).
(2)The scientific analysis of earthquake forecasting that has been implemented following the Parkfield Experiment conducted by the U.S. Geological Survey Experiment.
*The analysis should be well-written and organized, clear, approximately 300-350 words in length, no longer. Essays of more than 375 words will not be graded and receive a “0” score. *
Attached below are the grading rubric for this assignment:
- Be precise, accurate and concise — do not waste any words or phrases — keep on target
- Do not use the word “fact” or “truth” when discussing scientific results, instead place your focus on the verifiable evidence acquired through valid measurements and experi.
- Avoid using believe – instead use “follow or be consistent with the scientific evidence”
- Pay close attention to the scoring rubric provided below and given at end of activity worksheet.