[SOLVED] Homework Question 3
Im stuck on a Subject Major question and need an explanation.
Using the textbook Childhood & Adolescence: Voyages in Development (6th) Rathus to answer the questions below.
Homework Assignment #3 (15 points)
Required APA formatting:
- Correct APA title page, APA headers, margins and font
- -2 points for incorrect APA
- Please read the questions carefully and write the answer directly below the questions using an indented bullet point. Points will be deducted if you write this in an essay format.
- Points will be deducted if examples are missing from questions that require them.
- Please upload your homework to the turnitin folder no later than 30 minutes before class on the due date indicated on the course calendar.
- Reading the course book will significantly increase your chances of doing well on this 15 point assignment.
- In your own words, describe the cognitive characteristics of the concrete operational child. The minimum terms that need to be defined and integrated into your overall answer include conservation, reversibility, decentration, transitivity and seriation. Simply defining these terms without a discussion about how they all connect will not earn you any points (4 points).
- In your own words, please define and provide an example for the idea of Zone of Proximal Development. In addition, state the theorist associated with the term (2 points).
- In your own words with the use of examples, define and describe the difference between divergent and convergent thinking (2 points).
- In your own words, describe the premise behind the Triarchic Theory of Intelligence. In addition to discussing the 3 areas of this theory, mention the associated theorist. Simply defining the associated terms without a discussion about the theory as a whole will not earn you any points (3 points).
- Discuss what is meant by an information-processing approach to cognitive development (2 points).
In your own words with the use of examples, describe the difference between metacognition and metamemory (2 points).