[SOLVED] hpa 310: diabetic teaching plan paper
Im stuck on a Health & Medical question and need an explanation.
This week you will create a Diabetic teaching plan for a newly diagnosed adult or pediatric Type I or II diabetic. You will research all of the categories listed below and then in your own words you will create a document that will be provided to the patient using the elements below.
The purpose of the teaching plan is to provide a newly diagnosed diabetic with all the information they need to remember. The plan will be a tool they can refer back to when they need a refresher. The nutritional plan will be a guide to help them make the best food choices and decrease the sugar load on the body.
To gain the full number of points include detail in each area. A patient with no knowledge of these elements should read your plan and understand the elements without further instruction.
- Define the disease (Type I or Type II) describe why they have the disease what is happening in the body. If your patient is a child use appropriate language for that age group.
- Define – Hypoglycemia signs symptoms
- Define – Hyperglycemia signs and symptoms
- When to call a physician
- How to check blood sugar describe, in your own words, how to use a blood glucose monitoring device
- How to use an insulin pump describe, in your own words, how to use an insulin pump
- Community resource options give two national/state AND two community in your area. ( I live in the District of Columbia and Virginia, US area)
- Nutritional plan create a 3 day meal plan that covers three meals and 2 snacks a day based on the appropriate age
- Provide the portion size for each food category
- Give then specific foods for each meal/snack include recipe if you like
- Example if we were providing a plan to increase salt intake a daily plan might look like:
- Breakfast breakfast burrito with 2 eggs, 2 pieces of bacon, and a slice of cheese
- Snack Doritos and cheese sauce
- Lunch Chicken fingers (3-4) and fries (8 ounces) with added salt
- Snack – popcorn with salt and butter
- Dinner Frozen pizza (2-3 slices) with fries (10 ounces)
Must cite all work including intext citation in MLA format.