[SOLVED] Human Resource Case 1
Im studying for my Business class and need an explanation.
Overview of the Case Project that spans four modules:
As you complete the four Case assignments in this class you will be preparing, section by section, one large project. You will practice what you have learned by planning a training program from scratch following the ADDIE model. You are the instructional designer for the course; the actual course will be taught by one of your field supervisors.
Section 1Analysis and Design (to be submitted in the Case 1 dropbox)
Section 2Development (to be submitted in the Case 2 dropbox)
Section 3Implementation (to be submitted in the Case 3 dropbox)
Section 4Evaluation (to be submitted in the Case 4 dropbox)
Having the prior sections all in one paper will show how the phases build upon each other and also will make the paper easier to write and review. Only the section due for a specific module will be graded in that module (the prior sections were graded previously in their respective dropboxes).
Select one of the training topics listed below and carry it through the five ADDIE steps, (The ADDIE steps are explained in the Gardner videos presented on each of the Modules Background pages):
- Dinner etiquette for job interviews. You will be the Instructional Designer writing an ADDIE plan to train 10 job coaches who coach trainees who just finished 4-year business degrees. The trainees are traditional college age, never interviewed before, and have fast food, eat in your car manners.
- How to clean a motel room. You will be the Instructional Designer writing an ADDIE plan to train 10 motel supervisors to conduct ongoing training for new employees who are working from the ground up in the hospitality industry. These new housekeeping employees have never cleaned motel rooms before.
- How to change oil in an automobile. You will be the Instructional Designer writing an ADDIE plan to training 10 drivers training teachers who conduct summer drivers training for 3 groups of trainees (4 in each group). The trainees know very little about vehicles and engines.
- Skills for a successful online undergrad student. You will be the Instructional Designer writing an ADDIE plan to train admission supervisors who will train 5-8 students on a sporadic basis. These students have never taken a college course of any type and have little to no computer or writing skills.
For your Case 1 follow the Analysis and the Designphases and sub-steps of the ADDIE model, step by step. Cover everything in detail. Be as specific as possible. If there is unknown information, make logical assumptions for information needed and include a section in your paper showing the assumptions you made. Bring in at least one source found outside of your course materials to help build your paper (be sure to cite sources).
- Instructional Goals: Clearly define what the training topic and parameters need to be.
- Instructional Analysis: Provide all the steps learners need to follow to complete the task.
- Learner Analysis: What do you know about the learners? Also, what do you still need to know about them? How will you find out?
- Learning Objectives: What do you want the learner to be able to do, explain, or demonstrate at the end of the training period?
- Design assessments
- Choose a course format
- Create an instructional strategy
Once you have completed these first two phases of the ADDIE Model planning the training session, submit your paper to the Case 1 dropbox by the assignment due date.