[SOLVED] Human Resource Management
I need an explanation for this Management question to help me study.
Question 1: You are the HR manager for a commercial airline. You have been assigned to develop a realistic job preview for flight attendants. Your objective is to give a balanced picture of the job so that applicants will better understand what they will be asked to do. Job duties, schedules, and other facets of the job should all be well understood early in the recruiting process to avoid poor P/E fit later on.
- How would you gather information about the job context and environment? Explain what sources you would use and why.
- How could you use technology to show the positive and negative aspects of the job
Question 2: Why is evaluating training an important part of strategic training?
Requirement: For Questions 1 and 2 – Minimum 250-270 words, 12-point Times New Roman font using APA format. Must have a minimum of two sources to support each answer. In-text citations and 2 references each. No plagiarism.
Question 3: Pick 2 topics for your AB from the objectives listed
- Be able to name and discuss the steps in the selection process.
- Be able to explain why criteria development is an important part of the selection process.
- Give examples of types of criteria that can be developed.
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of internal and external candidates.
- Explain the various types of interviews and interview questions.
- Discuss interview methods and potential mistakes in interviewing candidates.
- Explain the interview process.
- Explain the types of tests that can be administered as part of the selection process.
- Be able to discuss the types of selection models.
- Explain the steps in making the offer to the candidate.
- Explain the four steps involved when training an employee.
- Be able to explain and give examples of the types of training that can be offered within an organization.
- Explain the types of training delivery methods.
- Be able to design a training program framework.
- Understand the uses and applications of a career development program.
Requirement: Each AB should be ½ to ¾ pages long. It should be double-spaced, and you are to use Times new Roman 12 font.For your AB, you must have: Your name, date, course, and AB number at the top (see example) APA Reference before the information (see example) Annotated bibliographies must be written in manner, in which, they are understandable. You must describe all-important data such as: The participants The reason the study was conducted What research design was used (surveys, interviews, case study, etc.) Which research analysis was used (MANOVA, ANOVA, Kruskal Wallace, etc.) The results of the study along with any conclusions of the author(s) Your study must include all of these (if applicable).
Please check the format of AB
Annotated Bibliography Example
APA REFERENCE Craig, W. (2015). From Family To Franchising: Five Ways To Start Your Business Empire. Forbes.
According to this article there are more than half a million new businesses started across the country every single month (Craig, 2015). There are many ways to become a business owner in the world today and there are many risks involved with each of those avenues as well. When starting a business from scratch the most important aspect is having a product that people actually want. According to this article, nine out of ten startup companies fail and 42% of polled startup owners claimed their business failed due to lack of need for his or her product (Craig, 2015). A business can also be acquired by inheritance or taking over of a family business. Craig (2015) also found, only about 10% of family owned businesses will survive long enough to see the third generation take over. The reasons for this is the perception by younger generations that the family business will always be available as a backup option if other ventures dont work out. Buying an existing business is also an option for those who have a keen insight for opportunity. Becoming a franchise owner is another way to become a business owner. This step also takes determination and focus but can be very rewarding. There is a stability that comes with taking over a location that has an established corporate presence already backing it up with corporate sponsors that are ready and willing to help get you started on the right track.
Note: Answer the questions separately in different documents.