[SOLVED] I need help with some simple English grammar questions.
Need help with my English question – Im studying for my class.
1. Use the academic vocabulary to complete the sentences.
appreciatio; controversy; crucial; denote; diminished; eventually; format; portion; radical; widespread.
1. Mary, Queen of Scots, lived a life of ________________. She was forced to abdicate her throne and was later arrested by Queen Elizabeth I.
2. The Olympic Games have been canceled three times due to war: in 1916, 1940, and 1944. Although the Cold War did not cancel the Olympics in 1980 and 1984, it did lead to ______________ participation when some countries boycotted.
3. Experts say that good customer service is ________________ to the success of a company.
4. Due to the way the airborne disease spread, a ____________ change in the existing protocols was necessary to avoid an epidemic.
9. Vincent van Gogh is one of the best known artists. However, he died before knowing the _______________ people would have for his paintings.
10. The ratio of a circle’s circumference to its diameter is approximated as 3.14159. This number is a mathematical constant that mathematicians ___________with the symbol ?.