[SOLVED] Information Design Overview
Can you help me understand this Writing question?
FBI Crime Data: The FBI crime data is fascinating and one of the most interesting data sets on this list. If youre interested in analyzing time series data, you can use it to chart changes in crime rates at the national level over a 20-year period. Alternatively, you can look at the data geographically.
- A one-page, informative, visually interesting report that provides a broad overview of your subject. This report should incorporate at three types of visuals along with a discussion/analysis of the data in your figures. The text included should introduce the topic and its importance, explain the meaning of the visuals, and to point to the conclusions suggested by the data. Students should think through and identify a clear audience. The analysis of the audience informs how the data is presented, the form the visualizations take, and the point students use the data to make, as well as the overall overall purpose of the document
A short 250 words note that explains the following (use headings to identify each topic):
- How and why you selected your data set
- How you selected which data to visualize and why you visualized it in the form you did
- Who was your target audience and what was your overall goal/purpose
- How you ensured that your visualizations of the data were fair, accurate, and clear
- The raw data set used to create the report (with a citation for the data)