[SOLVED] Learning Activity 5
I dont understand this Business question and need help to study.
General Instructions for Learning Activities
- Read/watch all assigned materials listed for the week in the Course Content
- Cite to assigned materials in all responses in Learning Activities
- Use only assigned materials to complete Learning Activities; do not use the internet unless otherwise instructed
- Include in-text citations and a Reference List for in-text citations
- Write in correct, complete sentences, in paragraph format unless otherwise instructed
- Submit Learning Activities to Assignment Folder
Learning Activity: due 11:59 pm ET, Thursday
The GC owners have questions and need clarification about several contract concepts and issues related to their new business. Specifically, they have questions about:
- the Statute of Frauds writing requirement and
- electronic contracts
Winne and Ralph have asked you to prepare examples and explanations of these 2 areas of contract law.
To respond to the GC’s questions and concerns, you must prepare a fact scenario and be prepared to discuss the scenarios in a meeting with TLG and the GC owners.
Background: Generally, contracts for the sale of goods must be in writing, and the writing must be signed by the parties to the agreement, and the parties must be sufficiently identified. GC will be selling goods via the internet, and the owners are wondering whether these electronic contracts are valid and enforceable.
Hypothetical Scenario: Company X, a company in Illinois, contracted via the internet with Windows Bright, a small window washing business in Missouri to purchase 4 cases of Shiny Lite window cleaning solution at $200 per case. Company X paid via the internet with a company credit card. The contract stated that the 4 cases of Shiny Lite would be shipped to Company Xs place of business in Illinois via UPS.
A. Discuss whether the contract between X and Windows Bright is subject to the UCC Statute of Frauds.
B. Analyze and explain whether the internet electronic contract between X and Windows Bright satisfies the writing requirements for the Statute of Frauds? If so, how and why?
Respond to A. and B. in paragraph format.
Respond in paragraph format.
Number each section as:
Write in correct, complete sentences in paragraph format