[SOLVED] Network enterprise solutions
I need an explanation for this Computer Science question to help me study.
For this assignment, assume you have been hired by Kris Corporation as an Information Technology consultant. Kris Corporation manufacturers parts for the automotive industry. Your job is to submit a proposal that meets their criteria (listed below) based on information provided. You may fill in any gaps in the specifications provided by making assumptions. All assumptions should be clearly identified.
Current Implementation and Concerns:
- Parent domain (kris.local) and child domain (corp.kris.local) for the organizations AD infrastructure are running on Server 2012. The following are concerns related to AD: (1) Kris Corporation is concerned about running multiple domain, and (2) automobile manufacturers are asking Kris Corporation to use single identity to procure orders in real time.
- The company has five locations: Atlanta (GA), Baltimore (MD), Chicago (IL), Seattle (WA) and San Diego (CA). The manufacturing plants are in Atlanta and Seattle.
- Disaster recovery is a big concern.
- Physical space for servers is an issue at the Atlanta location.
- Most of the IT staff is in Atlanta, which is the companys headquarters, but other locations have significant IT personnel as well. Business personnel are similarly distributed across the companys locations.
- Since all locations are independently connected to the internet, file sharing is difficult among sites.
Your document should integrate the content presented in the course. The outline below provides required points to cover. You are free to add other related information.
Describe the technical and business reasons for each choice, citing other resources as appropriate. The Windows Server 2012 operating system should be used for all aspects of the solution. Each choice should be explained with technical and business reasoning. Solutions should be reasonably detailed.
Your solution should cover the following five numbered areas and associated bulleted items listed under each.
- Active Directory
- Why and how should the company migrate to 2016 AD?
- Should the company remain at multi-domain model or migrate to single domain?
- What technology can provide single sign on? How will it be configured?
- Where should DNS servers reside?
- What kind of DNS security can the DNS servers leverage?
- Will a form of DHCP fault tolerance be implemented?
- How can DHCP addresses be tracked?
- Evaluate the pros and cons of implanting Hyper-V. Would it need clustering?
- What features of Hyper-V can Kris Corporation leverage?
- How can Kris Corporation improve its networking capabilities in terms of file sharing and security?
- The final submission should provide 8-10 pages in length (not counting title page, images, diagrams, tables, or quotations).
- Support your proposed solution by citing and integrating at least one credible source that is not LabSim and not Wikipedia. Recommended sources include a best practice guide or reference from Microsoft, or an experienced provider of Microsoft solutions.
- At least one diagram must be included (not counted toward the minimum length described above). You may include more.
- Use terms, evidence, and concepts from class readings.
- Your paper must be formatted according to CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements (Links to an external site.).
- If you need assistance with your writing style, start with the links under the Research Help and Writing Help tabs on the CSU-Global Librarys