[SOLVED] NUCLEAR ENERGY and RENEWABLE ENERGY
Im trying to study for my Environmental Science course and I need some help to understand this question.
– Answer all questions in your own words in the space provided on the ANSWER
– If you do not submit your answers on the provided answer sheet, you will be
penalized 10 points
– Answer completely and concisely
– Provide all necessary information
– Do not ramble on about irrelevant topics
– Your score may be reduced if there is too much information not related to
what is being asked.
– Work must be your own. This assignment must follow academic integrity guidelines.
– You must rewrite answers you get from lecture material (you cannot copy lecture
– You can work with others, but your responses must be in your own words.
[5 points] Describe what fusion and fission are.
[8 points] Describe how we generate electricity from nuclear reactions. Is this fusion or
[5 points] How can solar energy be used to heat water?
[5 points] How can solar energy be used to heat houses?
[8 points] What is one benefit and one drawback of using waterpower in rivers to generate
electricity? Explain each fully.
[7 points] Why do people not want to use wind power to generate electricity? What is one
solution to this?
[8 points] Where does geothermal energy come from? How can it be used to generate