[SOLVED] Police and Community Relations 4
Im trying to learn for my Law class and Im stuck. Can you help?
Read the case study linked below. After reading the case study from an earlier assignment, you will have to prepare a response from two viewpoints. The first viewpoint will be that of a patrol officer assigned to foot patrol. The second viewpoint will be that of a community member who has lived in the community for 25 years. From each viewpoint, you are to answer the following questions and provide justification for your answers:
- How did the impact of the media coverage about the crime rate in the Anonymous Community (e.g., strained community relationships and national/international perceptions) demonstrate the importance of a good relationship between the police and the media?
- What strategies could police employ to ensure an accurate picture of the citizens, crime problem, and solutions for addressing the crime problem in the Anonymous Community are communicated to the media?
- How could police and the media partners help address the crime problem in the Anonymous Community?
- What should the dynamics of the partnership between the media and police look like in regards to addressing the crime problem in the Anonymous Community?
You will also need to provide a summarization paragraph that includes the following:
- Identify which lens was the most difficult to answer the questions from and why.
- Identify any aspect of the scenario to which information shared in the textbook could not be applied.
Click here to access the case study.
Each section of your case study must be clearly labeled using the following section headings:
- Lens 1: Patrol Officer,
- Lens 2: Community Member, and
Each section should be a minimum of 200 words. Your entire case study should be at least two double-spaced pages. Be sure to cite, in APA format, any source used to influence your response. Therefore, your reference list should at least include a citation of the textbook as you are required to apply the concepts discussed in the textbook to the scenario.