[SOLVED] Police and Community Relations 6
I need help with a Law question. All explanations and answers will be used to help me learn.
Youth Involvement & Community Policing
Read the case study linked below. After reading the case study from an earlier assignment, you will have to prepare a response from two viewpoints. The first viewpoint will be that of a patrol officer assigned to foot patrol. The second viewpoint will be that of a community member who has lived in the community for 25 years. From each viewpoint you are to answer the following questions and provide justification for your answers:
- How did the relationship between the police and the community impact the types of community policing strategies that were implemented in the community to address violence, crime, and vandalism in schools?
- What additional prevention and/or intervention community policing strategies could be implemented to address violence, crime, and vandalism in schools and/or illicit drug use in the Anonymous Community?
- How can youth become involved in the community policing strategies utilized in the Anonymous Community to address violence, crime, and vandalism in schools?
- Based on the scenario, what key partnerships need to be developed to enable the implementation and sustainability of additional community policing strategies in the Anonymous Community?
You will also need to provide a summarization paragraph that includes the following:
- Identify which lens was the most difficult to answer the questions from, and why.
- Identify any aspect of the scenario to which information shared in the textbook could not be applied.
Click here to access the case study. “Study case is attached”
Each section of your case study must be clearly labeled using the following section headings:
- Lens 1: Patrol Officer,
- Lens 2: Community Member, and
Each section should be a minimum of 200 words. Your entire case study should be at least two double-spaced pages.
Be sure to cite, in APA format, any source used to influence your response. Therefore, your reference list should at least include a citation of the textbook as you are required to apply the concepts discussed in the textbook to the scenario.