[SOLVED] Presentation Outline on Communication
Im studying and need help with a Communications question to help me learn.
Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Headset microphone (You can find this item under the Additional Items section in the bookstore.)
- Link (website): Narrated PowerPoint Tutorial
- Minimum of 4 scholarly sources (from Week 5 outline)
Your PowerPoint Presentation is due this week. You are required to obtain a headset microphone to use PowerPoint narration. Headset microphones can be purchased from the bookstore or at any electronics or discount store for between $10-25 or even less. When purchasing a headset microphone, consider the ports available on the computer being used and purchase accordingly.
In addition, you should take the time to review the Course Resources for technology guidance so that you will be ready to complete your speech on time. Of course, if you face technical trouble, there is support available.
The following are the best practices for creating your speech presentation:
- Title Slide: Include the title, audience (who you prepared the presentation for school or institution), the presenter who prepared it and will be the speaker, and date.
- Attention-Getter: Give the audience a reason to pay attention. Make them want to listen to your speech.
- Overview: List the main ideas and sections of your presentation for the following purposes:
- To introduce the subject and why the subject is important.
- To preview the main ideas and the order in which they will be covered.
- To establish the tone of the presentation.
- To include the questions you think your audience might have about your topic questions you will answer during your presentation.
- Body of the Presentation: Include the information you found during your research and investigation and organize it in a visually pleasing manner.
- Break out each main idea you will use in the body of your presentation.
- Show some type of division like levels of headers or titles
- Separate groups of bullets for the presentation.
- Use a header for the title of your presentation or subtitle of the section.
- Then, proceed to break out the main ideas. State the main idea, state major subpoints in each main idea, and provide evidence for each subpoint.
- Cite your evidence, quotes, and statistics within your presentation, and use in-text citations in APA format.
- Summary and Conclusion: Summarizing is similar to paraphrasing but presents the gist of the material in fewer words than the original. An effective summary identifies the main ideas and major support points from the body of your outline or presentation. Minor details are left out. Summarize the benefits of the ideas and how they affect the thesis statement of the outline and main objective of the presentation.
- References: Use the APA citation format. The illustrations should be included with your resources. APA tutorials are available in the Chamberlain University library.
- At least 4 authoritative, outside scholarly sources are required from Week 5 outline. (Anonymous authors or web pages are not acceptable.)
- Appropriate citations within the presentation are required on the last slide. Just copy and paste this from the last page of your outline the references page. References should be in APA format.
- Each resource should be entirely double spaced.
- All entries must use hanging indents the first line is flush left, and all t
- Additional Hints
- Use a minimum of 5 visual aids to further clarify and support the written part of your presentation. You could use example graphs, diagrams, photographs, flowcharts, maps, drawings, pictograms, tables, and Gantt charts.
- Animation and video clips should not be used for this speech. YouTube is not allowed.
Presentation Requirements (APA format)
- Time Length: 5-7 minutes
- Slide Length: Minimum of 8 slides
- Slide Content
- Title slide
- Body of the Presentation
- Summary and Conclusion
- References slide (minimum of 4 scholarly sources from Week 5 outline)
- Minimum of 5 visual aids