[SOLVED] Project 6 HTML
I need an explanation for this Html / CSS question to help me study.
The link above is what I have so far, we need to add on to this.
CSCI1145: Project 6
For this project, you will format all of your content for every page in a layout of your choice. Last week, we learned about two layouts in particular: liquid and fixed-width layout. Which layout you use is up to you. Simply try to choose the layout which best suits your content. Truthfully, no layout is incorrect or wrong so this is not a test. You will not receive a penalty for your choice.
In short, create a layout to be used on your site. If you recall, it was stated in a previous project that the home page layout does not have to match the supporting pages layout. It is not a requirement that they be different but it is quite common that the home page be different from other pages within a site. Here are some examples:
Home and Sub-page Layout Similar
Home and Sub-page Layouts Different
Here are a few things to remember when designing a layout:
- Consistency is key. This is by far the biggest rule to follow. You will be graded upon how consistent your layouts are from page to page.
- Keep all of your CSS in a single, external CSS file. This file should reside within a newly created css folder. If you have questions on how to do this, ask! Its recommended to take this route, but embedded CSS will also be accepted.
- Your HTML may not contain any inline styles!
- When laying out you content, be sure to think about navigation. There are several typical locations for navigation: top, side and bottom.
- Completing this project part is part designing/implementing a page layout and the other updating your existing content to fit within your layout(s).
- Generic content is not allowed.