[SOLVED] Project: Final Project
Im studying for my Writing class and dont understand how to answer this. Can you help me study?
In Week 1, you selected one of the following social issues:
Once you selected your issue, you researched how this issue is approached in the field of popular culture.
In Week 2, you selected two popular culture artifacts from the following categories and researched the history of your artifact categories as expressed in popular culture:
Episodic moving image (TV showsmay be broadcast or streamed)
Printed material (books, magazines, manga, comic books, or graphic novels)
In Week 3, you investigated access and distribution of your popular culture artifacts.
In Week 4, you selected an additional artifact and looked at how this new artifact defines or disrupts normal in relationship to your issue today.
This week you reflect on your work and construct a completed Final Project. In addition to revising your previous work into a cohesive paper, you will add one additional component.
Select a second issue that is related to at least one of your chosen artifacts and discuss how it conveys information about this second issue, synthesizing what you have learned. For example, if you are working with the issue of violence and how it relates to your chosen popular culture artifacts, select one of those artifacts and discuss how it might relate to gender.
Submit your Final Project, which should consist of a 1,500- to 2,000-word paper in which you do the following:
- Discuss the history of your social issue as expressed in popular culture in general.
- Define the audience for each of your artifact categories and explore whether this audience has changed in any way. Consider whether this audience is local, global, or regional.
- Discuss what each of your chosen popular culture artifacts communicates regarding your issue.
- Analyze how at least one additional social issue relates to at least one of your popular culture artifacts.
- Social and economic class
- Indecency/free speech
- Analyze access and distribution limitations for each of your popular culture artifacts.
- Determine whether or not access and distribution forces control content. Explain your reasoning.
- Explain whether your popular culture artifacts send messages that define social values or provoke change.
- Analyze how your chosen popular culture artifacts connect or do not connect with your personal values.
The final paper should include:
- a full revision of the Milestones from Weeks 2, 3, and 4. Check for overall structure and appropriate transitions between sections of the text. Please refer to the resources available on the Walden Writing Center site to help with this.
- the full listings for each of your three popular culture artifacts on your references page. Use the Final Project Worksheet from Week 1 to help with this.
- At least five additional references to the required, optional, and/or student-contributed resources.