[SOLVED] Questions: 1. Why Manufacturing Companies focuses on Lean Thinking? 2. What is meant by the term overproduction? Why do you think this has been described as the biggest waste of all? 3. Assess the reasons for using lean thinking. What are the benefits f
I dont understand this Management question and need help to study.
Place of Submission: Students Grade Centre
Weight: 05 Marks
1. Analyze and identify challenges and issues pertaining to logistical processes.
2. Apply essential elements of core logistic and supply chain management principles.
3. The capacity to write coherent project about actual logistic case studies.
This assignment is an individual assignment.
The purpose of this assignment is to identify and apply Logistics and Supply Chain Management concepts/tools to suggest logistics performance priorities.
Use Saudi digital Library (SDL) search engine.
Search Title: THE BENEFITS OF LEAN MANUFACTURING what lean thinking offers the process Industries
Authors Name: Melton,T
Source: In 7th World Congress of Chemical Engineering, Chemical Engineering Research and Design June 2005 83(6):662-673
Read out the research paper carefully and based on your understanding you should answer the following questions.
- Why Manufacturing Companies focuses on Lean Thinking?
- What is meant by the term overproduction? Why do you think this has been described as the biggest waste of all?
- Assess the reasons for using lean thinking. What are the benefits from Suppliers to end users?
The Answer should be within 2- 3 pages in length including the cover and appendices.