In Module 2, you selected a topic for your research paper based upon critical analysis of some of the areas of Critical Infrastructure protection. In Module 5, you submitted an annotated bibliography of scholarly sources you would use to write your paper. In this module, you will submit your final research paper, which should be based primarily on the resources from your annotated bibliography.
Your final essay will be evaluated in terms of how thoroughly you: answer some of the questions posed since Module 2 (working in conjunction with your instructor); use resources to document your main points; and properly cite referenced work. Your essay should address these questions thoroughly and should consist of at least 2,500 words of text (at least 10 pages of double-spaced and 12 point font of text). Use in-text citations and a reference list that will make up an additional page.
To successfully complete the final research paper, you will need to organize your responses to questions you selected and those posed by your instructor, and then craft a formatted essay that includes each of the following:
Recommended: [Get Solution]Critical Infrastructure
- A title page;
- Well-developed introductory paragraph explaining the purpose of the essay and briefly referencing some of the main points/contentions offered in the essay;
- The body of the essay should consist of your effort to best answer the primary questions from the assignment prompt and your interaction with your instructor. It should consist of at least 2,500 words of text (at least 10 pages of double-spaced and 12 point font of text). Though the method by which this is done is largely up to you, it is essential that the responses to the questions in the prompt and your instructor be based upon scholarly readings and should remain at all times defensible (in an academic sense). You have a great deal of information to draw from in creating your essay, including the assigned readings and hyperlinked sources in the module notes. As is the case with every assignment in HEM460, presenting any unsubstantiated, illogical, or indefensible position will have an adverse effect on the final grade. Please direct any questions regarding these expectations to the instructor;
- A concise concluding paragraph that briefly restates both the purpose of the essay as well as some of the primary argument offered by you, the essay’s author. Be sure the concluding paragraph does not introduce new information;
- A list of all sources consulted the preparation of the essay. The essay should be formatted according to APA-style documentation. (Links to an external site.) This includes the format of the list of references.
M7A1 is due at the end of Module 7.
Use the EC Library and Excelsior Owl resources for research assistance and to properly cite your work:
- Plagiarism & Copyright (Links to an external site.)
- Excelsior Library Writing Help (Links to an external site.)
- APA Citation Help (Links to an external site.)
- Excelsior College Online Writing Lab (OWL) (Links to an external site.)
Compose your work using a word processor (or other software as appropriate) and save it frequently to your computer. Be sure to check your work and correct any spelling or grammatical errors before you upload it. When you are ready to submit your work, click “Browse My Computer” and find your file. Once you have located your file, click “Open” and, if successful, the file name will appear under the Attached files heading. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Submit.”
This course has Turnitin fully integrated into the course dropbox. This means that you should only submit your assignments to the dropbox below. Please do not submit your assignment directly to Turnitin.com.
Once submitted, your assignment will be evaluated by Turnitin® automatically. You will be able to view an Originality Report within minutes of your first submission that will show how much of your work has been identified as similar to other sources such as websites, textbooks, or other student papers. Use your Originality Report as a learning tool to identify areas of your assignment that you may not have cited appropriately. You may resubmit your assignment through this dropbox as many times as you need to check to see if you have made improvements, until the due date of the assignment. However, once you have made your first submission, you will need to wait 24 hours after each subsequent submission to receive a new Originality Report. Plan accordingly as you draft your assignment. Once the due date has passed, your assignment submission will be considered final.
Also Read: [Get Solution]National Framework Protecting Critical Infrastructure
This assignment will be graded using the SPS Default Undergrad Writing Rubric located on the Course Rubrics page within the Start Here section of the course. Please review the rubric prior to beginning your work so that you ensure your submission meets the criteria in place for this assignment. This assignment is worth 25% of your final course grade.