[SOLVED] research proposal assignment
Can you help me understand this English question?
For this assignment, you must address the following prompts in full sentences:
- What is your current research question? (12 sentences)
- Outline the current research on your topic, referencing a minimum of THREE academic articles. Two of these can be those referenced in your research conversation assignment. (45 sentences)
- A brief statement situating your research question into the current academic conversation and highlight why your research is relevant and how it will contribute to the research conversation. (23 sentences)
- Clearly state your argument. Remember that an argument is an objective claim that can be supported by evidence. Ensure that your argument invites conversation/debate and that your claim is substantial, specific, realistic, and manageable.
- A brief statement explainingin specific detailhow you will use the resources mentioned in question #2 (you can also mention additional material) to support the argument you are going to develop. (56 sentences)
- A preliminary outline for your essay. Your outline must adhere to one of the following models: Topical Outline (pp. 18384 in In Conversation), Sentence Outline (p. 185 in In Conversation), the Classical Argument (pp. 328 in The Argument Handbook), or the Criteria Structure, Point-by-Point Structure or the Scope/Subject Structure (p. 235 in The Argument Handbook). Please identify the model you are following (see sample outline templateattached) For all three models, you must include an in-text citation for any ideas or supporting evidence that come from your research. Remember, this is the only opportunity you have to get feedback on the structure of your essay from your instructor as I will not be reading drafts.
A preliminary works cited page listing in proper MLA 8
th edition ALL the sources you plan to use in your final essay.