[SOLVED] Social Work Supervision In Organizational Context
Im trying to learn for my Management class and Im stuck. Can you help?
Reflect on and discuss the following questions using the readings from this weeks module, as well as CVF and Stories of Transformative Leadership:
- How are social work supervision and management roles different and how are they similar? What are the goals and values of each?
- What strengths does the social work supervisory role bring to the organization vs. management or other organizational leadership type roles? What organizational values do they each address? What are some of the challenges associated with each role?
- How do these roles complement one another to achieve a balance and stability within the organization?
- What skills contribute to the effectiveness of each of these roles?
- Describe your own experiences with these roles either as a manager, supervisor or supervisee within an organization you have worked in as an employee, volunteer, or intern. Describe which role you feel or have felt most competent in. Do you have a preference for any particular role? Would your response differ depending upon whether you are answering from the perspective of an employee or an employer? (Describe this as if you were a social worker)
- Textbook: Chapters 6 – 7, pp. 159 – 245, in Kadushin, A., Harness, D. (2014). Supervision in Social Work (5th ed.). Columbia University Press.
- Dr. Lawrence Shulman: Models of Supervision: Parallel Processes and Honest Relationships (in SocialWork Podcast #5; 38:04 minutes, transcript on site)
- Bodenhiemer, D. (2018). Real World Clinical Blog: On Social Work Supervision. The New Social Worker.
- Ellis, M. V. (2010). Bridging the science and practice of clinical supervision: Some discoveries, some misconceptions. The Clinical Supervisor, 29, 95-116. Doi 10.1080/07325221003741910
- NASW Supervision Standards
500 Words APA format!!