[SOLVED] Starting your Business Plan: Executive Summary
I need an explanation for this Business question to help me study.
You are going to write a business plan! I know it sounds like a huge undertaking which is why we are going to work on it step by step. Your first order of business will be to write the Executive Summary. Luckily you just read all about business plans and executive summaries so I know you are well prepared. In the final week of class you will be asked to turn in your complete business plan so I don’t want you to feel like what you write for this assignment is set in stone. You will have time to up-date and change things before you submit your final plan. In addition, I have included an example of a business plan (down below). Please feel free to search the web for more examples but please only submit original work. Please take into consideration grammar and punctuation when writing your executive summary and other parts of your business plan, after all, you are preparing a professional document.
- Read this article. (Links to an external site.)
- Write your executive summary.
- The article talks about writing your executive summary. While I agree that this is a great method and something you might consider doing before you submit your final business plan at the end of this course; I still wanted to get your idea’s flowing and start you on the process of what it means to write a proper executive summery. Remember, you can always revise and part of your business plan before you turn in the final copy. In fact, I encourage it!
- The document you submit must be a .doc, .docx, pdf or jpeg file; (If you use Google docs, you will need to download the file as a Word file, then upload it here.)
- The file should be named using the following naming convention: yourlastname_yourfirstname.doc (or .docx)
For instance, if Jane Smith was completing the assignment, her file name would be smith_jane.doc
You may need a word processor to complete this assignment. If you do not have MS Word for your computer, refer to the page to review some free options. If you need help submitting your assignment, refer to the following Canvas Guide:
This assignment is worth 10 points. As long you complete the assignment with thoroughness and upload it correctly, you will be awarded all 10 points. These 10 points go towards the 100 Business Plan points.