[SOLVED] Thesis/Rough Draft Workshop for Essay about claim of policy ?
Im studying for my English class and dont understand how to answer this. Can you help me study?
My topic is “Foreign language learning should be learned in starting in Elementary school”
Answer the following questions in preparation for drafting your third essay of the semester:
- Identify in a phrase or sentence the topic or issue that you have chosen.
- Express in a complete sentence a tentative claim of policy about that topic or issue. (1 point)
- Describe in a paragraph the key aspects of the issue or problem. (1 point)
- Describe how and/or why it is a problem
- Remember that youre describing this for a reader who may not be familiar with it.
- List the key steps or stages to implementing your proposal or recommendation (1 point)
- Include who would need to be involved at each step and what costs might be involved.
- Identify the author of the potential outside source you have chosen. Give the author’s name and describe what the author does or who the author is.
- Summarize in a paragraph what the source says and explain how you would use that information in your final draft. (1 point)
- Provide the Works Cited entry for your potential outside source.
- Explain in a paragraph what an opposing viewpoint to your claim would be. (1 point)
- What other proposals have been made about this problem or issue?
- Why would your recommendation be stronger than the others that have been proposed?
- Explain in a paragraph what the outcome would be if your proposal were implemented.
- How would the situation be better?
- What would be gained or improved by taking the steps youve outlined?