[SOLVED] Week 1 Discussion: Basic Statistics Data Used in Everyday Life
Im trying to learn for my Statistics class and Im stuck. Can you help?
Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- OpenStax Textbook: Chapter 1
- Lesson 1 Reading
- Minimum of 1 scholarly source
In your reference for this assignment, be sure to include both your text/class materials AND your outside reading(s).
Initial Post Instructions
- Present two different types of data, or variables, used in the health field. Examples could be blood pressure, temperature, pH, pain rating scales, pulse oximetry, % hematocrit, minute respiration, gender, age, ethnicity, etc.
- Classify each of your variables as qualitative or quantitative and explain why they fall into the category that you chose.
- Also, classify each of the variables as to their level of measurement–nominal, ordinal, interval or ratio–and justify your classifications.
- Which type of sampling could you use to gather your data? (stratified, cluster, systematic, and convenience sampling)