[SOLVED] Week 8 Assignment
Im stuck on a Psychology question and need an explanation.
Application: Diagnosis of a Peeping Tom located in Chapter 12, Sexual Variants, Abuse, and Dysfunctions
In the Learning Resources for this week, you sawas you did with more general definitions of normal and abnormal behaviorthat it is difficult to define abnormality where sexuality is concerned; however, some sexual behaviors are deemed to be illegal and, if caught, the individuals who feel compelled to engage in such sexual behaviors can be arrested. As a forensic psychology professional, you will need to understand how to properly diagnose such disorders. This weeks Application Assignment will help you better understand how to do so.
- Review this weeks Learning Resources.
- Review and focus on the case study for Peeping Tom on page 429 of Abnormal Psychology.
- Reflect on how your own biases might affect your ability to diagnosis various sexual deviant behaviors.
The Assignment: (12 pages)
- Complete a diagnosis for Peeping Tom.
- Provide specific supporting information.
- Explain social issues that should be addressed and why, and briefly describe any additional information that might be significant to the diagnosis and assessment of this individual.
- Briefly describe any difficulties you might have in assessing or diagnosing this individual, and any background issues or biases you might have that would contribute to making this a challenging case to assess or diagnose.
Support your Application Assignment with specific references to all resources used in its preparation. You are asked to provide a reference list only for those resources not included in the Learning Resources for this course.
Submit your Assignment by Day 7.
Note: Although not formally part of this Application, you may wish to continue planning your Final Project, due in Week 11.
You have completed Week 8. Please proceed to Week 9.