[SOLVED] What Interventions are most effective at preventing loneliness in the elderly population
Can you help me understand this Nursing question?
This will be a two part paper, first submission will be a draft, then after a peer review will be submitted.
Text book refence on protocols and level of evidence :
Boltz, M., Capezuti, E., Fulmer, T., Zwicker, D. (5th Ed.) (2016). Evidence- based geriatric nursing protocols for best practice. New York, N.Y.: Springer Publishing Company.ISBN: 978-0-8261-7166-5.
Use 8-10 articles to support parts of the paper, APA format, minimum of at least 5 pages but no more than 10 excluding title refrence and appendix, see attached rubric
The requirement for screen shot of literature review as an appendix to paper has been added.
- Once you have completed your literature search determine the level of your evidence.The highest level of evidence being a systematic review of controlled trials to the lowest level of evidence being expert opinions.
- Integrate the evidence with your clinical expertise and patient’s values and perspective to develop a protocol or practice guideline.
- Develop a method to evaluate the outcome of your protocol.
- Present your evidence based geriatric protocol in a narrative paper utilizing the following headings:
- Goals of the protocol
- Background and statement of the problem
- Assessment of the problem
- Nursing care strategies (3 minimum-4 maximum) for addressing the problem or issue
- Evaluated/expected outcomes
- The Evidence Based Geriatric Protocol paper must be a narrative paper typed, double spaced in APA format and should not exceed 10 pages (excluding title page and reference page).No abstract is needed.Bullet points and outline format is not acceptable.
- References are required.Peer reviewed journal articles from nursing and other disciplines such as medicine, law, ethics and/or health care policy should be used.
- Include doi. numbers on each references article (when available)
- Websites that are directed to the general public rather than to health professionals are not allowed.Some websites may be used such as the CDC, NIH, NHGRI but should supplement the peer reviewed articles and not be the majority of your referenced material.
- Web based literature search or review is not acceptable.Please complete your literature search using the library database.
- Paper must be submitted in the Turnitin Link in Module 5.
- If directions are not followed, the paper will be returned for revision.
Review the Grading Criteria for Evidence Based Geriatric Protocol prior to submitting the assignment to be sure you have met the assignment objectives.