[SOLVED] women in history
Im studying for my History class and need an explanation.
Historians love to review the works of other historians. Whenever a new history book is written, the historical profession selects experts in particular fields of studies to determine the value and contribution the new work will have on the academic discipline. Upon completion of the courses reading, each student will be considered an expert and be required to read an academic article and submit a 2-page review (minimum). Students are encouraged to celebrate the authors accomplishments, but also challenge anything that seems substandard. Style and creativity play a crucial role in the success of your review.
Pick one of the Academic Journal Articles below:
- Two pages (minimum)
- 12 point font
- Double spaced
Each paper should include the following:
- The authors purpose in writing the article
- The authors main thesis
- The authors challenging of other historical viewpoints
- The evidence utilized by the author (specifically primary sources)
- Personal likes/dislikes
- How could the author make the work stronger?
- The recommended audience for the article?
- Explain how this article contributes to understanding the history of the United States
- An example of how this article supports/contradicts Carol Dubois and Lynn Dumenil’s Through Women’s Eyes
- Suggested reading to accompany this work (not required, but helpful)